New Jersey Auto Product Liability Attorneys
Proudly serving all of New Jersey
Do You Have an Auto Product Liabilty Case?
When people think of the many auto accidents in New Jersey and other U.S. states every year, it is issues such as impaired driving, speeding and distracted driving that probably first come to mind. In addition, while driver carelessness and neglect are certainly causes of or contributing factors in many accidents, problems with vehicles themselves can also lead to serious crashes and cause injury, disability and even death. When such failures occur, it’s important to consult with an auto product liability attorney to see if you have a case. The attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. can help.
Back to Top
Examples of Auto Defects
Two types of auto defects can make a vehicle unsafe to drive and contribute to, or even cause, accidents. The first type is defects that make the vehicle less safe to drive. Although these alone will not generally cause auto accidents, they may increase the likelihood of an accident occurring and/or increase the severity of injuries sustained during an accident. Examples of this type of defect include the following:
- Problems with seatbelts
- Tires that explode or have tread separation
- Door locks that do not work properly
- Faulty air bags that fail to deploy
- Headlights that do not work properly, making it harder for the driver to see and therefore to avoid an accident
The second group is mechanical defects. Unlike the first type, these can often directly cause automobile accidents and the disastrous consequences that can accompany them. Here are some examples of this type of defect:
- Defective brakes that make it impossible for a driver to stop or to stop quickly enough to avoid a collision
- Engine fires or gas tank explosions, both of which can cause serious burns, disfigurement or even death
- Failure of one or more suspension system components
- Improperly built car frames that crumple when the driver is in an accident
Back to Top
Contact an Auto Product Liability Lawyer in NJ
If a seatbelt failed during an auto accident and exacerbated your injuries, you were in an accident because your brakes suddenly stopped working or you were in an accident attributable to some other defect in your automobile, the manufacturer of your vehicle may be liable for your damages. Contacting a New Jersey product liability attorney is imperative in order for you to receive compensation for the auto manufacturer’s error. Call the NJ product defect attorneys at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. at (609) 240-0040 today to set up a free consultation to discuss your case.
Back to Top