NJ Explosion Accident Lawyers
Proudly serving all of New Jersey
Serious Hurt in a Workplace Explosion?
Explosions often result in devastating injuries and death. They are overwhelming, traumatic and shocking events that can change lives in a moment. Victims of explosion injuries often need immediate medical attention and long-term, if not life-long, care. They result in catastrophic injuries that can leave an individual with permanent injuries or disabilities. Anyone who has been injured in a work explosion would be well advised to obtain more information regarding his or her legal rights and options.
The workers’ compensation legal team at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. is committed to helping injured victims obtain the money they need to protect their quality of life as best as possible. For more information about filing a NJ workers’ compensation claim, call us for a free consultation at (609) 240-0040.
Back to Top
Injuries Suffered in Explosion Accidents
Explosions can result in a wide array of injuries, all of which require medical care and potentially ongoing rehabilitative treatment. Emotional and/ mental health support services may also be necessary during recovery. Some of the common injuries suffered in explosions include:
- Auditory: it is common for victims to suffer cochlear damage in their ear and rupture injuries.
- Central nervous: Victims of explosions may suffer concussions, brain injuries and even spinal cord damage.
- Circulatory: Victims of explosions could suffer from a cardiac contusion, shock, an air embolism-induced injury or a myocardial infarction.
- Eye: Devastating eye injuries suffered in explosions can include bone fractures around the eye or foreign body trauma.
- Digestive: If impacted by shrapnel, victims can suffer bowel perforation, hemorrhages or even a ruptured liver or spleen.
- Respiratory: Explosions can cause airway damage, pulmonary contusions or blast lung, which is a when a blast wave from an explosive results in potentially fatal tearing and hemorrhage of the lung.
- Amputations: Explosions could result in loss of limbs for many victims.
Back to Top
Our New Jersey Explosion Accident Attorneys Understanding Your Rights
Victims of work-related explosions should be able to receive financial support for medical bills and a portion of lost wages by filing a workers’ compensation claim. Even if an explosion was caused by hazardous workplace conditions or employer negligence, it is important to understand that you can’t file for workers’ compensation and file a claim against your employer. However, when the explosion results from the negligence of a third party, support may also be available through a third-party claim. When an explosion occurs because of the negligence of a property owner, support may be available through a New Jersey premises liability claim. There are many potentially liable parties in such cases.
Back to Top
Getting the Support You Need
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an explosion, please do not hesitate obtain more information regarding your legal rights. Your ability to support yourself and your family while recovering from serious injury may not be possible without filing for workers’ compensation. Contact a personal injury lawyer in New Jersey at Lependorf & Silverstein, P.C. today at (609) 240-0040 or by filling out a contact form online.
Back to Top